- 26th February – arrived in France
- 26th April – wounded at Kemmel
- 3rd May – transfered to England
- 13th May to 14th July – on leave (Medical boards 13 May and 26 June)
- 27th July – joined 3/6th Sherwood Foresters stationed in Chesterfield
- 3rd September – made Temp Captain
- 16th October – promoted to Lieutenant
- 22nd October – returned to France
Therefore, if this photograph was taken in Chesterfield, which seems reasonable because of the Chesterfield photographer, then is was most likely taken between 27th July and 22nd October. Since he is wearing the rank of Lieutenant perhaps even between 16th-22nd October.
[Although it seems more a summer scene because windows are wide open]
I have been through the service records that I have on file and identified all the 1/6th Battalion men that were wounded in Spring/Summer of 1915 and returned to England for hospital treatment. Furthermore, I cross-checked to see which of these men were attached to the 3/6th Battalion during the time period.
Attached is a list of these men and the dates they were with the 3/6th Battalion before either leaving for France, discharged or posted to the 29th Provisional Battalion.
|146||Sergt Drm||William Bramwell||15.10.15||3.1.18|