12.5.1917 TRENCHES: Battalion relieved by 5th Sherwood Foresters and moved into Brigade Reserve in dugouts at West end of CITE ST PIERRE.
- 3409/241058 Corporal William Ball
- Lieutenant Frederick William Arthur Stubbs
- 4070/241343 Pte Edward Scott
- 260001 Pte James Alfred Goodger
- 7725/242515 Pte Thomas Cheetham
1/6th Battalion War Diary [WO/95/2694]
The 1/6th Battalion buried eight of their men in Maroc British Cemetery between 8th and 28th May 1917.
These five casualties of the 45th Trench Duty are buried next to each each in Row O along with other Sherwood Foresters from the 139th Brigade. Indeed, 34 men of the 139 Infantry Brigade are buried at Maroc.