30.12.1916 SOUASTRE: Battalion relieved 5th Battalion in same sector, distribution of Companies under:-
- Letter “A” Company Support (Bluff dug outs)
- Letter “B” Company Centre Sub-Sector
- Letter “C” Company Left Sub-Sector
- Letter “D” Company Right Sub-Sector
- Headquarters THORPE STREET
30.12.1916 SOUASTRE: 2/Lieut R EVANS to 3rd Army School.
War Diary [WO/95/2694]
30th: Centre Company of left sub sector shelled by 4.2 during the afternoon. 6th and 8th Battalions relieved the 5th and 6th Battalions in the front line.
139 Infantry Brigade: Headquarters War Diary [WO95/2692]